domingo, 30 de janeiro de 2011

My secret ambition!

Have you ever dreamt about being famous?
Travelling to Los Angeles has always been something I’ve wanted very badly in my life, but my secret ambition has always been to know Ellen De Generes, to be on her show, to sit on her red sofa and be given an interview. I’ve always wanted to do many different things in my life, besides travelling and being famous. I’ve always wanted to be a Librarian and a Reiki practitioner. I have always written my thoughts down, my feelings and hopes. Recently I have discovered that I love writing stories. I could say now, writing has always been my secret ambition, too, so secret that I myself didn’t even know about it. Thinking about becoming a professional novel writer, my recently discovered lifelong passion, and turning it into my livelihood, now makes me believe that the likelihood of achieving fame and be on Ellen’s show is an ambition that’s not impossible to fulfil. I believe that I could become rich and famous by writing. I don’t want to be put off by dull statistics that say that it’s very difficult to publish a novel. I believe that dreams could come true and I love to daydream. The day I stop daydreaming is going to be the day of my death.
Of course, I know that to be a successful author I need to write every day, I need to devote the necessary time and effort to compose a story. I need to do a lot of thorough research, if I want to succeed as a fantastic novel writer.
To be a good writer, you need, of course, to like reading and to have a lot of imagination. I have many bookshelves in my room, all stacked with books.
I know that it’s difficult, very difficult to publish a story, but I also know that it is not impossible. If I don’t believe in myself, who will believe?
While I am writing I can dream, that I live in another world, in an uncomplicated world where no bad things exist, where only happiness and love are real. While I’m writing I can be another person, I can wear the character’s skin. Time is passing by and I have to act, if I want to do well in a world, where no second chances are given.
I don’t want to show off but all my friends say that I can write very well, that I write with my heart and soul. They say that I have the necessary skills that I should go on writing. I also know that I’m going to need a stroke of luck to see the story in the hands of millions of people.
I always like a big challenge, I never like to do things the easy way, and therefore I love to write in English. If I want to accomplish my objective of being invited by Ellen on to her show, I’ll need to learn to speak English automatically, easily and instantly.
There’s no day I don’t feel the need to write. I think I am an addicted writer and reader.
Mariana

Sem comentários: